• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Wico Rebuild Kits

B

B.Brod

I was thinking about ordering a rebuild kit from Newt McGilberry in South Carolina, was wondering if anyone has ordered one. If so how was it.

C

Carl Mehr

Why not just buy the parts you need from Hit and Miss, Starbolt, Pederson, etc.?? The rebuild kit has some parts that I have not had a need for, are not used, and are a waste of money.

B

Bill Decker

From my experience you get following items; Points, Condenser, Coils, Coil Wrap, & Leadout Tower. To me, all seem like necessities for a rebuild.

Ted Brookover

In Memory Of
Absolutely right Bill, what the kit does not have is the one thing that I find 99 percent of used Wico EK mags need.

A new Armature Pin and Armature Bushing.

If the Armature will "rock" back and forth on the pin when pulled away from the core, the pin and the bushing in the armature need to be replaced.

All of the new replacement parts will do you NO good with a worn out pin and bushing.

O

oldenginejim

Hi Ted

Are these parts(pin and bushing)easily replacable parts or do you have to bore it for the bushing? What I mean is, are the bushings pressed out and a new one pressed in?

Thanks

oldenginejim

Ted Brookover

In Memory Of
No, must be done with machine tools.

A bit of a warning, Do Not try to press the pin from the point deck, it is cast in and you will distroy the deck. It must be drilled out.