• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, give complete answers and fill in all blanks. Be Considerate, this is an application to JOIN Smokstak, therefore it becomes part of a decision to open the door to you or send you off to the dropout file. Place your City, State, Country in the location box and it will be compared to where the internet lookup utilities say that you are. Don't give me a zip code to look up, the Eject button is much easier. We get hundreds of applications, so there is not time for monkey business.

WinCo storm master generator

Vanman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
That looks like a Wisconsin engine. Very neat set. No nameplate on the generator?

Keith

Vanman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
I’d guess ‘50’s or ‘60’s? That really is just a guess though. Should be able to date the engine by it’s serial number if it is indeed a Wisconsin. Though being it’s not painted in the Winco blue makes me think it may be a replacement engine.

Hard to say about value for collectibles. Depends on who is looking when and where. But much more if runs and generates, and sounds good etc.

Keith

Vanman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
If there’s no starter on the engine and the cables appear to go to the generator it probably uses the generator to crank the engine. The generator itself will be self excited, no external power required.

Make sure that you remove any dust from the commutator and collector rings and that the brushes move freely in their holders before attempting to run it.

Keith

Last edited:

Old redgen

Registered
If there’s no starter on the engine and the cables appear to go to the generator it probably uses the generator to crank the engine. The generator itself will be self excited, no external power required.

Make sure that you remove any dust from the commutator and collector rings and that the brushes move freely in their holders before attempting to run it.

Keith
Thanks for the info I will look at it this week and let you know how it goes