Wisconsin 4g4d Natural to LP

Mitbreese

Hi folks, I now have a katolight generator powered by a 4g4d engine, it runs on natural gas but I need to convert it to LP. I have called the generator manufacturer and they are unable to help with any info. I have called numerous parts places and am having zero luck. Since it is already set up for gas wouldn't it just be a matter of an orifice change from natural to lp?

Thanks for any help/advice

Ed Radtke

Re: Wisconsin 4g4d natural to Lp

contact Wisconsin with all numbers from the engine and see what they say.supply reg. and demand reg. may need changed.also maybe ig. timing change and plugs and gap.

Mitbreese

Re: Wisconsin 4g4d natural to Lp

Thanks for the reply....I have tried to contact them at wiengines.com and I get website unavailable. I cant find any other contact info in a Google search.

dkamp

eMail NOT Working
Going from NG to LP, you'll need LESS LP, as the NG fuel has a fair amount less BTU energy than the LP.

You won't likely need to replace orfice... mebbie a little adjustment to timing... the fuel pressures and demand regulator should do it, and perhaps trim back the 'power' adjustment a bit.

When a gaseous fuel engine runs, it acts like it's lean when it's rich... it'll act lean. When it's lean, Itll act rich.