• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Wisconsin AB or ABN

SIREX0

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
05/18/2020
Hi All,

Do any of you know the value of this engine. This used to be an engine at a college used for teaching. I put an AA shroud on it and it has a Fairbanks Morse J magneto. I cleaned everything up rebuilt the carburetor and new gaskets, oil, plug, etc.

Here it is running, although hard to start sometimes.

Thank you,

Shayne

Attachments

JF671

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/11/2019
Greetings Shayne

Despite the line of Small block Wisconsin engines being good runners and exceptionally durable, they really are not highly collectable...at least out here in SoCal. I recently sold a much more obscure original running model AA for $100, which is probably as much as our local market will allow.

John

SIREX0

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
05/18/2020
Greetings Shayne

Despite the line of Small block Wisconsin engines being good runners and exceptionally durable, they really are not highly collectable...at least out here in SoCal. I recently sold a much more obscure original running model AA for $100, which is probably as much as our local market will allow.

John

Thanks, I plan on taking it to a show this year to see if I can sell it. After the Maytag and the FB Headless 1.5 I really want to go the hit and miss route.