• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Wisconsin AENLD, Wanted/Needed:

dunngawn

Registered
Fuel Tank w/brackets (Round or Square)
Magneto
Head
Variable Speed Governor Control
Engine Base

Bought a 1964 (January) "Thermo King" AENLD Sr.3684803, Sp. 155805 ?
w/centrifigal clutch, and extra large, extra capacity base and would like to set it up for practical use. It came with distributor/"timer" and contemplating installing mag., so it can "stand alone" And use the starter just to start. Would love to put charging system on it, but that is more money than I can swing at this point. Everything seems in excellent shape except exhaust valve was stuck.

Asante Sana, (thank you very much) Ron Addison

Angus II

Registered
Hello, Is this the engine you are looking for?. It is an AENLD. It's missing the tank and bracket, but the rest of it is there. Looks like it had an reduction box drive unit out put...
If it is, I can take abetter look at it on Sat. the 7th. for you. It is not mine (yet), but it is at a yard I go too. Let me know.
Just trying to help out, if I can.
I'm on the west coast.. But, if someone closer to you has it, it would be easier on shipping, I think.
Just a new guy trying to help, another.
Angus II

Attachments

dunngawn

Registered
Identical except for the reduction box & mag. Got no other prospects at this point, lets see what happens for a few days. May be worth looking in to, but I've lost two sales on mounted 6.00 X 12 bar-cleats because of shipping. Not Cheap!

Thank you, Ron Addison

edward moller

Registered
if you change the high cap oil pan, you will also have to change the oil pump assy. if your dist assy is complete with the cover, i would be interested in it. may trade oil pan & pump for it.

dunngawn

Registered
The Dist. for my engine is a Prestolite, and I've found no evidence of any parts anywhere.
I need cap, rotor, points & condenser for it, so now you know my problem. Not done looking yet, but still trying to look ahead. Also trying to get this website figured out also, so I have not lost ALL hope yet.

Zira

Staff member
Last Subscription Date
03/21/2020
I have used mags, bases, oil pump parts (but honestly, I would leave the deep sump on there unless it causes you an alignment problem. I have some heads too but don't recall the condition. Not sure on the speed control parts but I can look. PM me if interested.

But...

The AENL is a common engine, and you are trying to make it a standard configuration. You can probably find a standard engine for less than you pay for part plus shipping.

K-Tron

Registered
It is too bad you are so far away. I'd trade you a running AENL for a complete or near complete Thermoking AENL with the deep sump and centrifugal clutch. Those engines are pretty hard to find. I personally think they are desirable because they are so different from your standard run of the mill AENL.

Chris

dunngawn

Registered
The part # on the base starts with a "M". Is this a marine designation? I don't know much about the part # prefixes/suffixes but it seems to me to be simple, yet some of it does't add up yet. I have looked for a "code" list. & so far it has been evasive. I have had a few Wisconsins over the years, but have never needed too many parts or info.

The internet has changed a lot of things. dunngawn

edward moller

Registered
good day, that dist does not use a cap,rotor. it has a flat metal cover that is held on by the retaining clips. it is a 1cyl, no need for a rotor. wire straight to negative side of the coil. the metal cover is unobtanium.

John Newman Jr.

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/23/2019
I have a nice, complete MAENLD that I couldn't sell and had to bring back home from Portland a few years ago even after a couple of price reductions. Interested? You're not that far away....
It has a very short, but original PTO shaft. Unknown what it powered for the military.

Angus II

Registered
Hello, All
Hey, Dunngawn what is the OD of the out put shaft on your AENLD engine? I'm trying to match up some parts for an engine.
Thanks in advance.

dunngawn

Registered
Angus II I think I messed up & answered in the wrong place. (Private Messages) My crankshaft is 1 1/8 diameter & 3 1/4 long w/1/4 key-way. there are some MAENLD's on ebay (new, but seeming reasonable to me)[military?] and you may want to look into one of them to see if that might be a wiser choice. don't recall the description giving diameter, but it said one inch long, and that should be long enough for a coupling. Hope I have helped. Ron dunngawn

Angus II

Registered
Hello, Ron.
Thanks for asking. You're not nosy, just curious about a fellow members project.
No, I haven't got the engine running yet. There are a lot of things that needed to get done before snow season. Both personal and business wise.
I do have all the parts needed now (thanks Frank). The cam has been rebuilt and other parts cleaned up. I still need to switch out the crank gear and lap the valves. There has been some progress though.
Most of my time has been getting the fleet of 9 bobcats and the 2 Kabotas ready for the snow removal season. Hard facing chains, LOFs, R&R of parts and the sort. But, we are ready for when the snow does start too stick and pile up...
We dodged another bullet in the last 2 days with it raining not snowing, but it will get cold enough to snow.... it always does.
How is your project going? If you need any parts off that engine I posted, let me know.
I'm already looking at another Wisconsin engine, an AHHD; the big boy. I have three too choose from. It looks like I will be needing a carburetor for those, none have one. If anyone has a shop manual for an AHHD, let me know. I have the parts manual on pdf file, already.
I will post some more on my project with pictures on another thread, We have to keep this Wisconsin forum a little more active. Oh and I even have some pictures of some smaller old hit and miss type engines that I've come across.

dunngawn

Registered
John _ Do you still have the AENLD? I have not lost interest, and opportunity has arisen.

Thank you, Ron Addison dunngawn@ hotmail.com

Ogrebeast64

Registered
I have an old Wisconsin sitting on my porch that has the coil/points setup, with the cover intact. No idea what type because there is no ID plate on the engine. I know it was a 12 volt system because I'm using the Starter/Generator off it to keep batteries topped up.