• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, give complete answers and fill in all blanks. Be Considerate, this is an application to JOIN Smokstak, therefore it becomes part of a decision to open the door to you or send you off to the dropout file. Place your City, State, Country in the location box and it will be compared to where the internet lookup utilities say that you are. Don't give me a zip code to look up, the Eject button is much easier. We get hundreds of applications, so there is not time for monkey business.

Wisconsin AENS Identification

CoachWesson

Registered
Trying to restore a homemade firewood splitter originally made by my step-dad. It has a Wisconsin AENS 3 x 3 1/4 engine running the pumps for hydraulics. Serial number is 2275121. There is another number below the serial, 96015. Can someone tell me what horsepower this engine is in case I am unable to get it running?

radiodoc

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/04/2021
Re: Wisconsin AENS identification

In the short...4.7 HP @ 1600 rpm to 9.2 HP @ 3200 - 3600 rpm.

CoachWesson

Registered
Re: Wisconsin AENS identification

Thanks a bunch radiodoc. I appreciate it.

---------- Post added at 09:47:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31:24 PM ----------

Hey radiodoc. I see that you are from Dierks, Arkansas. Small world. I was born in DeQueen.

radiodoc

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/04/2021
CoachWesson I am a transplant from the central part of the state; Lonoke county. I have been here since 1972. Worked for the Arkansas Forestry in communications department for 41 years. You wouldn't happen to be related to Dr. Wesson (rest his soul) of Nashville, AR?

CoachWesson

Registered
No doctors that I'm aware of. Also not related to the Wesson Oil folks or Smith & Wesson guns as far as I know. Haha. Dad is Buddy Wesson, worked in Dierks in the wood industry in the late 60's. Mom was a Young. Has a brother from Nashville named Jesse Young. We left DeQueen for Louisiana when I was around 5 in '68 but made many trips back over the years. Thanks again for the info on the engine.