• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, give complete answers and fill in all blanks. Be Considerate, this is an application to JOIN Smokstak, therefore it becomes part of a decision to open the door to you or send you off to the dropout file. Place your City, State, Country in the location box and it will be compared to where the internet lookup utilities say that you are. Don't give me a zip code to look up, the Eject button is much easier. We get hundreds of applications, so there is not time for monkey business.

Wisconsin AGN or AGND Service Manual

Angus II

Registered
Hello, Folks.
I have searched for an AGN/AGND manual online, but have not been able to find a downloadable PDF file (free). Does anyone have a link or pdf file that they can send me??? If, you PM me I'll reply with my email address for the PDF file.
The reason of the need for the shop manual is that I need to swap some parts out of an AGND into my AGN engine (cam and crank gear) for my wood splitter. The splitter is set up for the ANG with the electric starter and the AGND has a center throw clutch drive, which is much longer. So to get away from spinning the engine 180 degrees. It would be best to take parts from one for the other.
Yes, I know, it is a shame to take a good engine apart to rob some parts out of but some times you have to do what has to be done. Thanks in advance for any help on the PDF file.
PS. the cam is NLA according to Tim at Rock Creek Consulting. Anyone have one??? They may want to sell?. A shame to rob parts off a good engine.
Thanks again for all the help that has been given on this forum.

Angus II

Registered
Re: AGN or AGND service manual

Hello, bsaeland.
Yes, I've been to that link. But, no shop manual only the parts manual.
Yet, I did find a lot of info there on what components I have ie. Carb, power take off and clutch assembly and the sort. That is a very good site. I have down loaded a lot of those files onto my computer now. But, still looking for the shop manual.
Thanks again for the help.

K-Tron

Registered

Hi Kevin, check your email for a copy of the Wisconsin AGND service manual.

Chris

Angus II

Registered

Hello, Chris.
Yes, I just received it.
Thank you. And I will be taking you up on the conversations... I have some learning to do on these things. I'll have more time to reply to the other post you left. But, my boy wants to go for his walk, and the sun is setting. And his bark is getting loader.
Thanks again.

Andrews55ford

Registered
I too have a Wisconsin AGN powered wood splitter that I am I'm need of a shop manual for. I've been to the wisconsin website and looked at their parts manual, but that's not quite what I'm looking for. If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appriciated. Thanks!

Zira

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
03/24/2019
If no one else sends you one by Friday, PM me an email address & I will. I am in Canada & my hard drive with the manuals on it is in North Carolina.

mdhanners

Registered
Hello
In bad need of repair manual for a agnd Wisconsin on a m4 ditch wich
need information up timing gears on magneto and resetting timing

Stevedarman

Registered
Gday everyone. Im new to this forum. I have a wisconsin agnd on a M4 22 trencher and i am looking for a workshop manual for the motor. Also the ID plate is missing, Can anyone tell me how i can work out what year it is i belive the engine started production in 1958. I think mine is an early one as it has a cast-iron carby more information would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Stevedarman

Registered
Hi guys. I am also looming for a workshop manual for the agnd . My cam shaft has stripped some teeth. Does anyone have some ideas where i can get a camshaft? If I can't find one I will have to weld up and have the teeth recut

Angus II

Registered
Hello, All. long time no see, I've just been playing wall flower..
Hey, If Edward has a cam gear, you better grab it.
For it is NLA from any vendors. Ask me how I know.... I had to use a used one, I was lucky enough to find it on this forum also.
It's nice to see you guys still helping out the new comers.
Now, only if someone could fiqure out how to get the Wisconsin Info site to work again.... man, wouldn't that be nice.

K-Tron

Registered
Steve is probably going to have a hard time finding a camshaft for an AGND in Australia. Shipping a cam from the USA, even if one could be had for free would cost over $100 to ship. I know Ronaldson Tippett and Norton Villiers had the rights to build Wisconsin's line of heavy duty air cooled engines in Australia. Perhaps searching for them might be helpful in your search for the parts you need. The AGND was a pretty common engine here in the USA.

Chris