• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, give complete answers and fill in all blanks. Be Considerate, this is an application to JOIN Smokstak, therefore it becomes part of a decision to open the door to you or send you off to the dropout file. Place your City, State, Country in the location box and it will be compared to where the internet lookup utilities say that you are. Don't give me a zip code to look up, the Eject button is much easier. We get hundreds of applications, so there is not time for monkey business.

Wisconsin BKN, Looking for Connecting Rod Bearing Shell

DustyBar

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/14/2020
Does anyone know where I can get a shell type rod bearing for a BKN engine? The bearing is completely missing on this engine I'm working on but the crank looks fine. The rod is broached for the bearing locking tabs. Rumor has it that a neighbor took it to school for a shop project several years ago. A couple of other parts were lost but I've found usable items or made my own (no, the kid does not work as a mechanic anywhere). Does anyone know what the rod bearing part number should be so I can look on EBay? My manuals must be for older BKN engines only since none of them show a bearing shell.

Pat Barrett

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020
Re: Wisconsin BKN, looking for connecting rod bearing shell

Not dead positive but I think the ARC Billet Racing connecting rod for the flat head 5 H.P. Briggs engine uses the same insert as the BKN Wisconsin. You can call them and ask, 1800-521-3560

---------- Post added at 03:55:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57:41 PM ----------

If you don't have any luck, I'll look and see if I have a good used set I can give you. Let me know.

DustyBar

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/14/2020
Re: Wisconsin BKN, looking for connecting rod bearing shell

Not dead positive but I think the ARC Billet Racing connecting rod for the flat head 5 H.P. Briggs engine uses the same insert as the BKN Wisconsin. You can call them and ask, 1800-521-3560

---------- Post added at 03:55:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57:41 PM ----------

If you don't have any luck, I'll look and see if I have a good used set I can give you. Let me know.
I contacted ARC Billet Racing and they said their 6392ca bearing shells should work on the BKN connecting rod.

Bolens Parts & Supplies say they have or can get the bearing I need, although it is not listed on their site.

Pat Barrett

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020
Thanks, Dusty, I've got a new set of those 6392 bearings, if you want them and have not found any. Mail me through this site if you wish.

DustyBar

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/14/2020
Thanks, Dusty, I've got a new set of those 6392 bearings, if you want them and have not found any. Mail me through this site if you wish.
I ordered from ARC since I need two sets. Thank you for your offer. I'll post again after I see how they fit.

DustyBar

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/14/2020
The ARC bearings arrived and are a perfect fit. Three days and I had them in my hands. Can't beat that. Tomorrow I need to get some fresh fuel and take care of some fuel line issues. I have had it running a few seconds on fuel just sprayed in to the cylinder.