• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Wisconsin BKND Question

dextyr2491

Registered
I have a Wisconsin BKND, Spec 373141, SN 5584141.

There is a small attachment on the engine just above the oil drain plug. I'm guessing this is some sort of crank case ventilation system. Is this correct? Can I reroute this? Is it even needed as there is a small vent topside too?

See the pictures - Thanks in advance for any info.

Attachments

edward moller

Registered
that is a vacume pump for supplying make up oil to the crankcase, made by REN oiling system. you must start out with a full crankcase, it will make up any lost oil when the probe inside is uncovered. big hose connection goes to the supply tank. works kind of like a hampster water bottle.

dextyr2491

Registered
Thanks - I'm using this engine on a small Simplicity 725 Garden Tractor. I won't be running the engine for long periods of time. If I check oil frequently, would there be any problem with removing or plugging the pump where it attaches to the engine?

edward moller

Registered
no problem, remove & put a plug in the hole. that engine was probably used on road sign, to run an alternator for battery charging.

Dodd

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
06/03/2019
Do you have the sheet metal that wraps around the cylinder? I see that it's missing in your second picture. Might want it if you're going to work it.

If you haven't found Wisconsin's website http://www.wiengines.com/ , they have parts lists and a serial number lookup.

Aaron

dextyr2491

Registered
Thanks for the tip. I don't have any wrap around metal for the cylinder on the side opposite the flywheel end. The engine won't have any cover over it and I won't be working it all that hard. Should be OK.

Thanks for the Wisconsin site link.

Dick

dextyr2491

Registered
Next Question. My fuel pump quit pumping. Unit part number is LP62S1. I'm considering an electric fuel pump, but does anyone know the PSI for the original pump?

Thanks in advance -

gdstew

Registered
I do not know the answer to your question but before buying something, I would try fixing what you have. The only problems I had with those pumps was dirt under a check valve, or the check valve fell out. Taking apart and cleaning might be all that is needed.