Wisconsin s-10d, zenith Bendix 13137/ L86-B carb question

Bradford83

I have 2 adjustments on this carb. The throttle stop screw and one other on top of carb. I’m assuming idle jet adjustment screw??? I need to know how many turns from seat to initially set it because I forgot what I had counted taking the thing apart. Or if someone could point me in the direction of a shop manual for this carb/ or engine? I’ve searched and searched online. I’m fairly new to carbs but I’ve rebuilt a few and cleaned a few on small engines. Any help is greatly appreciated. I need my splitter back up and running!

Also the fuel shut off on my glass fuel strainer is leaking a little. Is this an easy to find part to fix?

Tracy T

Subscriber
i have pretty much the same carb only mine also has the main jet adiustment on the bottom too, 1&1/2 should get you in the ball park, on mine i cant tell that top adjustment does much, it does a little but not much.

as for the leak, really need a picture to be sure exactly what you have.

Tracy T

Subscriber
2&1/4 turns is for the main jet which is on the bottom of the carb and you may or may not have that adjustment. per the link to the manual you posted if you read carefully you may have a fixed jet there if so no provision for any adjustment.

Bradford83

Ok, thank you. I too have noticed not much change with that adjustment besides going too far and then not wanting to start up again. When the carbs off I can get it in the ballpark by looking at how far it’s protruding. But I’m tired of taking the thing off. The fuel leak I can figure out on my own. Thanks again