• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

Wisconsin THD on JD 24t hay baler

bbk

Registered
I am baling hay with a JD 24t with a THD and looking for someone who has or is familiar with same. Question: on the GOVERNOR LEVER, which hole (1-12, with 1 on the bottom) is the governor spring attached to? Is your spring 20 coils or 24 coils? Does your governor lever have a hook at the top or is it just flat? I have called Wisconsin factory and John Deere - neither could answer the question - too old a set up for them. Machine runs OK but as I bought it used, I'd like to know if it is set up properly.

Thanks

bbk

Phil P

Registered
Last Subscription Date
11/24/2013
PM me with your E-Mail address and i will send you the repair manual.
It has all the information you are requesting on page 18.

Phil P

bbk

Registered
thanks Phil -- I found the repair manual online after I posted and I see the picture on page 18 that shows hole 6

btw, I'm new to this site, how do you PM?

thanks

bbk

John Newman Jr.

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/23/2019
Generally, the holes that you attach the spring in the governor arm will adjust the sensativity. If your engine were on a generator, maintaining exact speed would be critical, but for a baler, all you need is to be sure the governor will open the throttle sufficiently to pick up the load when it needs to, but keep it from hunting with no load.