• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, give complete answers and fill in all blanks. Be Considerate, this is an application to JOIN Smokstak, therefore it becomes part of a decision to open the door to you or send you off to the dropout file. Place your City, State, Country in the location box and it will be compared to where the internet lookup utilities say that you are. Don't give me a zip code to look up, the Eject button is much easier. We get hundreds of applications, so there is not time for monkey business.

Wisconsin VH4D Charging Problem

rwk

Registered
Hello
New here and have a VH4D, it appears to be a 1980.
Motor runs well, but not charging, (25 amp stator) would like to convert to a single regulator/rectifier, seems originals are not available . Can anyone help with a conversion reg/rectifier part number, and how to?.
Where is a good source of tune up and maintenance parts.
Also does anyone have used shroud parts? looking for 1&3 lower shroud coil mounts to, and back shroud opposite flywheel, mine are quite rusted.
Thanks in advance

RollinK

Registered
Re: Wisconsin VH4D,charging prob.

Just went through the same exercise on my VH4D. Had the old 3 wire stator and separate rectifier/regulator setup, everything was junk. Updated to P/N YB84 two wire stator and Kohler regulator. $14 for the regulator (either Amazon or Ebay) and $105 shipped for the stator from BW welding parts in Phoenix. Much simpler setup and works very well.