• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Witte 6hp Headless Carburetor

QuickWitte

Registered
I am restoring my grandfather's Witte headless 6hp engine (my first hit 'n miss experience, and this is my first post as well). It appears complete except for a missing carburetor. I have contacted www.hitnmiss.com but they do not have one. Thus far, I can't find anyone who has one. Can someone tell me if the carburetor has to be from a 6hp or were other horsepower engine carburetors interchangeable? Of course, if any of you have a carburetor for sale, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

QuickWitte

Registered
Witte Carb Gas portion.JPG
Witte Carb Kerosene portion.JPG

There are two mixers available. I am open to the kerosene carburetor but I must first find a gas carburetor since that has the intake valve in it and is how the engine is started.

hwelsne

Registered
I'm also looking for 6hp headless Witte parts. I need the exhaust/intake and bearing caps. New to this and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Hank