• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Witte U

1937witte

Registered
I think this engine is a Witte. It has a Witte tag and serial number which shows it being a 1937. I do not know if this is actually a witte because i cannot fine any info or pic on it anywhere. This was a project between me and my late grandfather. The magneto is inside the flywheel. I have been unable to find information on that also... Help Please

Attachments

George Best

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
06/28/2019
Re: Help Identifying Please

Looks like the Witte Type U engine, although the water hopper on yours is longer than the one shown in the BYB Page 561.

1937witte

Registered

Yea, i have figured out that it is a U in the past little bit, but i dont know it is a rare engine because i cannot find any info about it watsoever .... im trying to find out as much as i can before i start restoring it....

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Do you have any idea what the value of this engine would be?

S

speleausmining

I would suspect this is a late model posibly one of the last which may account for the lack of information. Could be not vary many were shipped from the factory. Definately got Whitte in it but its a bit of an oddball. :bonk:

1937witte

Registered

the serial number identifies it as a 1937. I only paid 300 for it and the only thing wrong with it is the mag.... is it possible to use a home made coil to start this engine