• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

wizard mag

T

tim rostar

hey i need to know what model and type wizard mag goes on a 1920 or 21 empire or alamo blue line 2 and a half horse....tim

H

Henry S. Prellwitz

Hello, Tim; I have an Empire/Alamo 2.5 HP engine from 1916, make-and-break type ignition, with its original Wizard magneto. It's a low-tension shuttle-wound oscillating type. Brass construction with a sheet brass strap saying "TYPE 2TO". After rebushing the bearings, it works fine -- well built originally. Hope this helps!

C

Chuck Raith

I just acquired a 1 3/4 hp empire in good condition, and was wondering if anyone has any info one them, I have looked on many sites and have not found much. Thanks, Chuck

K

Ken Majeski

Well I don't know how much you found but, Empire Engines were made by Alamo along with some others. You could date it here and maybe some other info.

Dennis' Alamo Page..

C

Chuck Raith

empire

The empire I have is a 1 3/4 hp I haven't looked for the date yet as we are in the middle of a snow storm and will wait for a warmer day, but I did find alittle info so far but not much. thanks Chuck