• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Wood workers discussion forum?

JoeCB

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
03/19/2020
Hello all, this is way off topic relative to "old iron" but I figure that I would ask... the depth and breadth of knowledge on the Stak never fails to amaze.
Anyone know of a good discussion forum that focuses on custom crafted furniture and cabinetry. I have a relatively modern but (I think) unique maple rocking chair the I have not been able to identify... either the style or maker. I was hoping to post a pix and seek info.
Here is a shot of the rocker, anyone ever seen one like it?

Joe B

Attachments

Billy J Shafer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
09/03/2019
Re: OT - wood workers discussion forum ?

I have seen some like it. But not that style. You might try some of the country sites or a tractor site. Nice looking rocker. I know a few guys around here that could use one.:D:D

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

I just looked up wood working sites. More than enough out there. To keep you busy for a while.

Ed Sparks

In Memory Of
Last Subscription Date
06/28/2015
Re: OT - wood workers discussion forum ?

rocker was made in Zeeland Mich. Name of the company is blank in my mind right now. Have seen them at auctions before with a tag on the bottom.

BobSaunders

Registered
Re: OT - wood workers discussion forum?

Hello, my wife and I both worked in Zeeland. Sleigh made clocks and desks etc. Gone. Don't know about Colonial Clock Co. Gone. We feel that this may be a small mom and pop operation. I look's very nice. If no one chimes in I would send a picture to,

Zeeland Historical Museum They have limited hours!
37 E Main
Zeeland, Mi 49464
616 772-4079

I would also ask, VanHill Furniture. Gary VanHill is retired but may be able to help.

I live 25 miles from there but if you get a name I can Check the phone book and the Zeeland Library directories of businesses.

Good luck, Bob Saunders

JoeCB

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
03/19/2020

Thanks guys, very good leads. The Stak is amazing, here I am in SE Michigan , not far from Zeeland and I get info from far away Texas and Maine... Also, Thanks Bob, I will follow up... We have been thru Fennville several times. We always stop at a roadside market to buy blueberry flower honey. :)
Joe B

OTTO-Sawyer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019

Nice looking chair.

Should be good for rockin' in while dreaming of old iron, so yes it fits in quite nicely here.