• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

Working Engines at Coolspring

Nate S

Registered
The Reid is owned by Kenny Uplinger a good friend of mine. It is a 12hp, and the power its running was made by fairchild and betts from warren PA.

Harry

Administrator
Staff member
I remember a Reid sitting under a small shed near that same spot a few years ('95 '96 '97) back. Was that the same one? If so, it appears that he has made major improvements.

Time flies! It's amazing that I haven't been to Coolspring in over ten years!

Kevin Kusel

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/05/2020
Harry I spent a small amout of time talking to Kenny and looking over his display. Really a nice set up and very nice man to chat with. Keep up the good work Kenny. See you next year.

Kevin Kusel

Windables

Registered
I remember a Reid sitting under a small shed near that same spot a few years ('95 '96 '97) back. Was that the same one? If so, it appears that he has made major improvements.

i saw what i believe is that same engine at a lumber place it had pcv pipe and when it fired sounded like a human sneeze memorable for life thanks

Peter Holmander

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/23/2019
I also saw the engine two years ago. Very nice guy to talk to. I found everyone there very hospitable. I showed up early with my wife and they told us we were welcome to take a walk around the place and take everything in. I had a great time and plan on going back for sure. I guess that's what I like so much about this hobby,,,,,,you meet so many nice people. I even ran into the guy I bought my Reid from 4 yrs ago. That was a surprise.

Ted Straka

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/10/2019

Yes Harry. That is the same Reid. -Ted