• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

Worth going to Coolspring in this weather?

siekkid

Registered
Hi. I've never been to Coolspring before, but I'm thinking about skipping my college classes tomorrow and heading down. The weather looks like its going to be nasty, so is it worth the 2 hour drive? Thanks for your opinions!

Don Selmer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
03/23/2019
The show has ALOT of buildings ( Museum ) that have the Large and old gas engines in them. Dispite the weather is always worthwhile to go. Plus alot of flea market items. Probably the best time to bargin if the weather is so-so.

Martin Reed

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
08/19/2019
I always say it's like going to Mecca. One must go at least once in their life.
The show is always worth going to., everyone lives and breathes engines. You won't find a lot of tractors, lawn mowers or steam. It will be all internal combustion baby! I wish I was there this time but family obligations always seem to crop up around June and October:(.

Martin

SteamCheng

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/23/2019
I always like going to Coolspring, even when it's snowing and raining. It was cold and wet, but there were many things to be found for the "rusty iron collection." There were also some Stakkers there - nice to meet fellows you face to face! :wave:

Here is a link to some photos I took today:

http://picasaweb.google.com/steamcheng/CoolspringOct2009#

It's worth going just to see the engines at the museum.

Randy Hart

Registered
Last Subscription Date
07/13/2016
Rain, snow, Sleet and hail and I would still go if I didn't have company in for the weekend:(

Boots, rain gear and some cash:brows:

Brian Triebner

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/10/2019
My wife , son and future daughter in law are there. I , unfortunately am in the soybean field trying to get some crop off after what seems like a month of rain , but my heart is there !!!!!!!!!!!!

siekkid

Registered
Wow, thanks guys. I guess I just needed talked into it. Do they run a lot of the engines at this fall show, and are there lots of parts for sale in the swap area?

LCJudge

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/14/2019
Siekkid,
There is a lot of engines running in the buildings. Not many outside. There is usually a large number of items for sale in the field. Its down this year due to the weather.

There are a lot of us like Kevin who are going to be there no matter the weather. But, we're all huddled up in hotel rooms this evening on the computer..... out of the cold!

Sad Iron

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/10/2019
You're not missing much Dad, although I have a new copy of Skizzen-Buchs to show you...