• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Yardman Motorette body mounting??

oldmotorette

Registered
I'm getting started on restoring a 1960 Sears Allstate 3 hp. scooter that's essentially a rebadged Yardman Motorette. It appears to be complete (more on that in a few sentences)...I purchased the body piece separate from the rest of the scooter - which gives rise to my question. Does anyone have knowledge of how the body attaches to the frame? There are only two possible(?) and obvious points that I can detect. There're two 1/4" holes on the lower front portions of the frame flanking the open front of the engine space - and a 1/2" hole through the rearmost lower frame member. The body has three 1/4" holes drilled on what can best be described as the points of a triangle. The body is a good close fit over the frame. As best as I can figure, the body would be held in place by a small bolt through each of the forward frame holes...and would be attached in the rear by some sort of bracket bolted to the body's three triangular-located holes and then bolted to the 1/2" frame hole. I have no such bracket, and can't find any reference to any of this either in the owner's manual I have, or on the internet. I'm trying to get this right. Can anyone help?? Thanks, and I hope this wasn't too confusing.
Dennis