• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

You Just Don’t See These

Monsonmotors

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/22/2020
Joe K, I wondered how the iron step pulley was driven from overhead. Cutting a wooden step pulley to correspond with the iron one sounds like a great place to start practicing my lathe skills. Thank you from for explaining that.

Monsonmotors

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/22/2020
My lineshaft stuff is in at Fastenal! We’ll see if it’s another box of corn flakes or if it’s intact.

Family Tradition

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
03/19/2020
Congrats on the arrival of your purchase! Glad it arrived safe. I must say I had a healthy crop of jealousy when I saw the delivery truck... 😮
Nice ride! 👍🏼

Monsonmotors

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/22/2020
Canedy-Otto bench drill press with slip pulley and clutch fork. I see a few of these “baby camel backs” around but none with the clutch fork.
The fact that it’s part of a system that was still working just a few months ago is amazing.
Hate EBay all you want but the selection is amazing.

Attachments

Monsonmotors

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/22/2020
More Dick’s Garage clean out stuff. This 1900s (?) shop counter was being used as a lube table.
It may be the PRIZE of the entire deal. I’ve only seen antique store counters like this in pictures. What do you think? Goes great with my early 1900s vibe.

Attachments

John Newman Jr.

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/23/2019
I was on a tour through the Missouri Meerschaum smoking pipe factory (Washington, MO) in April of last year. Hoped to see old machines and related equipment, but everything has been modernized. Only remnant of the past was a very little bit of overhead line shaft in the gift shop area. I did take a couple of pictures of what they had.

Attachments

Monsonmotors

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/22/2020
So much I don’t know...all the lineshaft hangers I’ve seen have a reservoir somewhere in the bearing or hanger to hold oil. You gotta have a long-handled spout to fill or a ladder...the orientation of the hanger puzzles me because you know some of these were hung off the wall yet how did the reservoir point up to hold oil? The stresses on the hanger and bearings are different for wall-mount, too. Lots of stuff to learn...looks like desireable “dog leg” cast pulleys.
Very nice!
Thanks!

Attachments