• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

You Tube problem

Tom Martin

Registered
Last Subscription Date
02/05/2012
When I try to watch a You Tube video, most of the time it will play for a few seconds and then stop, then start up again an so on until the end of the video. Occasionally one will play right through to the end. What causes this? Is it something in my computer or my connection or what?

Ray Cardoza

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/13/2010
what kind of internet connection do you have. if its dial up it tends to do so. i know im on dial up right know and it takes a while to view a video all the way through.

Ken Majeski

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/10/2019
Play it the second time and it will be Fine as it's already got it downloaded...:)

Tom Martin

Registered
Last Subscription Date
02/05/2012
I'm on a high speed connection, not a dial up, but speed could still be a part of the problem. I will try the replay and see if that helps.

Craig A

Staff member
Last Subscription Date
12/20/2015
Depending on your computer setup it might be a shortage of RAM too.
If the video has to play back from "virtual memory"....ie: the hard drive, it probably will be choppy and stay choppy.
If you are running XP you should have at LEAST 1 gig of RAM and 2 gigs are better.......depending upon how you use your computer.

ListerDiesel

In Memory Of
Last Subscription Date
10/24/2016
We are on 8mb broadband, and the problem still exists with us, and we are in the centre of our town, so distance isn't a problem.

What seems to be more relevant is the time of day that you access the net, and how many users are hitting Youtube.

Ken: I don't think you actually download the video file, as it would ask you where to save it, most viewers now use streaming methods to view online videos, they just buffer enough content to keep it running onscreen, but if the feed slows or breaks, then you have to wait for it to reconnect and buffer again.

Peter