• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Youtube and Google

Jim Tremble

Registered
Last Subscription Date
03/20/2016
I have not been able to view Youtube videos for a while, now. I get a message that I have to link YT and Google accounts so I can see the videos. If that is true, how do I do that ?? What is going on here ?? I have accounts with both.

Jim

Power

Registered
Sounds suspicious to me. Like someone gained access to Ytube and is looking to invade goog. Several friends, including a computer literate newspaper columnist have had goog stolen in last few weeks. PW is changed to lock owner out, all friends spammed under owner's name.
I am NOT an internet expert - I make my way.
What os you running?

Jim Tremble

Registered
Last Subscription Date
03/20/2016
XP. Metacafe played just fine. A little jerky but OK.

So, what do I do ??

Thanks,

Jim

Craig A

Staff member
Last Subscription Date
12/20/2015
Go to your youtube account and scour the settings to be SURE there isn't something in there that is linking your videos to google.

Ken Majeski

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/10/2019
Ya... Same thing here as I already had a Google account I just hooked them together and no problems since. Now I get Youtube Email through my Google address, No other changes.

Jim Tremble

Registered
Last Subscription Date
03/20/2016
OK. UPDATE !!!

Out of curiosity, I clicked on Internet Explorer and then clicked on Don's You tube link. Great video. Then using the same browser, I clicked on Craig's videos. Both played GREAT using IE.

SO, is this a Fire Fox problem ???????????

IE will play the vids but Fire fox will not.

I tried a few other sites using IE and they played very well.

NOW WHAT ???????????

Thanks for the help so far,

Jim

Craig A

Staff member
Last Subscription Date
12/20/2015
Jim......WHY didn't you mention FIREFOX right away?....... :uhoh: ....... :bonk: ....... :p