• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

ZC118 fair price?

Jay Bernard

Registered
Well
I have no idea what it is worth, but in my community a lowball offer like that is considered offensive.
well, while I understand that, and the offer would be made in the most respectful way possible, and with that in mind and the fact he’s asking way too much, I don’t see anything wrong with it.

Russell Walker

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
08/25/2019
If somebody offered me 200.00 for that pile of parts I would make damn sure he didn't get it for 1000.00 . Jay try and buy some of those parts else where and see what they are worth. Look close maybe you don't see it all.

Reed Engine

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
Hard to say. $150 - $1000. When I'm selling $150 generally. lol

I do agree, they will part out for way more than when all together.

Jay Bernard

Registered
If somebody offered me 200.00 for that pile of parts I would make damn sure he didn't get it for 1000.00 . Jay try and buy some of those parts else where and see what they are worth. Look close maybe you don't see it all.
[/QUOTE

Anything can be sold in parts for way more than it’s worth as a whole. But that’s also considering the time spent disassembling, inspecting, packing, shipping, etc.
plus, it would probably take years to sell the parts individually.

IronworkerFXR

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
09/06/2020
Your asking so I give you my 2C. a lot of times I end up on an average $100.00 per horsepower on a 5 - 12 hp engine , common ones . .
rare or special engines not included in this est. I paid 1000.00 for a 2 1/2 economy complete on cart - most expensive small eng for me. a 12 hp witte diesel was 1200.00 . 1500.00 for a Reid not running. fairbanks 3hp 400.00 complete, rusted gas tank.
and I could add more and others I seen sold. in that range ... and I see people asking about 200.00 per hp on flebay ... and you figure shipping ............