• Join us and fill out the registration form with your INTERESTS, your CITY, STATE, COUNTRY, NO ZIP CODES! Your account is then manually checked and approved. Please follow these instructions by using City, State, Country in your location! Incomplete applications will be REJECTED. If you like what you see here, PLEASE SUBSCRIBE and support our web site! -- Harry

General Supply Co. Air Compresor Info

Horse Power at 511

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/7/2023
Hey Everyone,
I picked up this engine/ compressor unit the other day.

The unit's ID tag reads as follows:
Model- GS260
Serial- 10V1203872
Idle RPM- 725
Running RPM- 2200
General Supply and Leasing Co.

Overall it does not look like it will take too much effort to get this thing running again. Probably a valve job, carb clean, clean the points and new plug wires, and make sure the unloaders work properly.

Does anyone recognize the engine? It's ID tag is missing (go figure). It would be nice to be able to find some info and specs one it along with parts if it becomes necessary. Biggest problem will be the charging system, it is completely missing. If I knew what the engine was I would have a better chance of tracking down the components.

Here are some Pictures.

Motors00220.jpg

Motors00120.jpg

Motors00320.jpg

Motors00420.jpg

I have one and it is an F-134 Jeep eng,1946 to 1951 CJ-2A flat head is what i use when I need parts. I just rebuilt the Hoof gov and I got the bearings and shaft seal at a local bearing supply house. Mine tops out @ 170#s Hope this helps Sam.

I have one also it's a willys jeep engine as the other fellow said it was made by Hesse Cariage Company an is called a Hesse Hornet when you get it running you need to hook the two plug wires that are not used together it was a special head gasket but is no longer available but you can use the regular jeep gasket it will just cut performance a little a lot of imfo on web just put in Hesse Hornet

I have one of these as well. Great little unit. Bought it running, from a guy who claimed to be a mechanic, and owned a business as a mechanic. He had the thing so messed up. It ran, but no power. 3 hours of tinkering and it was running like a champ. I took off the little tank and put it on a trailer with a 120 gallon tank. Perfect for sandblasting and running the jackhammer.

Josh

Back