• Join us and fill out the registration form with your INTERESTS, your CITY, STATE, COUNTRY, NO ZIP CODES! Your account is then manually checked and approved. Please follow these instructions by using City, State, Country in your location! Incomplete applications will be REJECTED. If you like what you see here, PLEASE SUBSCRIBE and support our web site! -- Harry

Water Powered Fan

JBoogie

Registered
Last Subscription Date
11/12/2013
my dad and i have acquired a water powered fan (you don't even want to know what we gave for it;) )and we would like to know how much she's worth.

i've been told it is an 1895 Gem and it is missing the base, the grill needs a little soldering but the blades are all there and it turns. we've been told by various people that it is worth $25-$5,000. i've never seen another anywhere besides this one.

i have pics if anyone wants to see it that can possibly help us out. Thanx

Eh Jboogie,

Why don't you post a few pictures of this Gem so that we can all admire it.

Yves

Yves, i could pass the pics along to you if you want to post them. i have to admit, she aint much to look at but is a small piece of the past. send me an email flyingmerkle@netzero.com

i know this thread is old, but a few people have inquired about the fan so here's some pics.

i sold it about a week after i started this thread. i didn't get exactly what i wanted, but i got the thing for peanuts so i cant complain:p

if she was a little prettier i may have kept her, but doesn't it look like a propeller attached to a parking meter!:uhoh:

Attachments

• GEM fan 1.JPG
    GEM fan 1.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 346
  • GEM fan2.JPG
    GEM fan2.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 304
Very cool! It does look a bit like a parking meter as you say. The others I've seen before have more ornate castings and usually some intricate detail on the housing. This was apparently a more utilitarian model.

Back